1.19.2009

'80s party

For the big dual "30-years old" birthday we had an '80's party. Everyone that was invited was told to dress up, sadly there were only a few of us who felt the spirit. Here are my favorites in order of good to the best(very best):



Honorable mention goes to Sasha for being a good sport and putting on the clothes we brought for her and made her wear at her own party.

4th Place: My mother. She picked out her own outfit, did her own hair, and sang all alone on Karaoke, no words, and to Disney! She was a hit with the kids! How old is she again?



3rd Place: Tessa. The crush velvet top, taffeta skirting, crimped hair, vibrant makeup there was no detail to small!



2nd Place: Derek. We found him this incredible jump suit. It was a little short and a little tight (the bum split when he sat down), but what a sport to wear this at his own party in front of his friends! Now that's a Man!!




1st Place: Preston. He found this rare jewel of a jumpsuit and proclaimed it his. He was more into this then anyone. For a week he fretted about how to do his hair, how to grow his facial hair, what shoes to wear. Hands-down the prize goes to him.



One dangling earring was the cherry on top. A complete ensemble.(yes we even had '80's clothes for the kids)

4 comments:

Sasha said...

All you guys were rockin' it! Preston was by far the greasiest 80's guy. He would have fit right in with that decade. Tessa was hilarious! Your pink ensemble was so right on with the decade. Thanks so much for the good time. We will remember this for decades to come!

Hepworths said...

I'm dying!!!! Preston definitely takes the 80's king award with that earring and sick facial hair! How fun. HAPPY Birthday Sasha.

J-ME said...

I love it. THat is hillarious. Your dress is awesome but wouldn't have been complete without the RAD side ponytail! And how does Tessa look like she's 12? Looks like a sweet party!!

Colledge Daze said...

Jessica, I love your blog & Wadley Farms blog. It's so great to see what everyone is doing. Love the birthday party but.... are you mocking my era??? Ha Ha. I think I still have some clothes I could have donated to the cause. I'm excited for you to go to Mexico. You'll have a blast. I think there were only 2 things we wanted to do but ran out of time.... Xcaret & Chichen Itza. You'll have to do those so we can read YOUR travel log when you get back. Have a great time & don't forget your $'s for tips!