12.09.2008

And the battle begins



Christmas. I love Christmas time. However, the season marks the beginning of: Da Da Da Da!!!!

Willpower vs. chocolate chip cookies, symphony bars with toffee and almonds, gobstoppers (we battled tonight), peppermint ice cream, chocolate covered popcorn, carmel popcorn, M&M's, homemade carmel's, sugar cookies, cheese balls and crackers, eggnog, etc, etc, etc, the list continues. My willpower is severely outnumbered.

Tonight as I climbed Satan at the gym (the affectionate name of the big stair climber) I thought, I'm burning these 400+ calories to be able to go home and skip dinner and munch on Luke's candy he insists on having in the house. Is it worth it? Luke has willpower each day he takes a small square of the symphony bar and is done. Satisfied. I, on the other hand, take a square before I leave the house, a square when I come home, two squares after dinner, a square while I'm folding clothes, a few squares before bed.. by the end of the day its gone and he exclaims something like "Wow you really like the symphony bar don't you? I didn't even see you eat any!" In a house of only two its hard to put blame elsewhere.

Sigh...

Am I alone here? Does the season mark similar sentiments in you?

6 comments:

J-ME said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
J-ME said...

Good thing I've heard ALL Christmas food is Fat Free. It's a little Christmas Miracle!
MUNCH on you deserve it!

aisy said...

really i just can't be trusted with chocolate anytime of the year. if it's near me, i eat it.

my philosophy is enjoy it! it's christmas. you can start counting calories in the new year...

Kristine said...

thats freakin rad

amy said...

Funny, funny. I live in complete guilt during the holidays because while I eat the candy all I can think about is getting it worked off. I too, can't stop at one. Then while I'm working out all I can think about is that I KNOW I'm going to go home and eat more candy. Today during church I was eating chocolate truffles that I had stashed away (yeah, I hide it from Bryce so he doesn't know how much I'm consuming). I have decided maybe these next couple weeks I need to just be care free. WHat would that be like? I've never known!

Sasha said...

Wait...what are you talking about just around Christmas? It's a battle year round for me, but Christmas is especially hard especially with your Martha Stewart Eggnog. Ya, for anyone that doesn't know, Jess makes the best eggnog in the whole world! Don't worry that Red talks about it months before it's actually December, that's how good it is. Doesn't matter that consuming just one small glass you gain a couple pounds...soooooo worth it though!