11.20.2008

Poisoned???


Warning: Do not ingest

I had a serious migraine, my head was throbbing. At about midnight before I crawled into bed I decided to try to sleep it off with the assistance of Ibuprofen. I popped the pills and grabbed a glass of water from the counter and gulped them down, finishing the clear liquid in the glass. Before the last drop slid down my throat my entire esophagus was on fire. I was coughing, wheezing, gagging. Then my memory (why did it take so long) fired up and I remembered, Luke saying "I'm going to clean my toothbrush" and watching him use that same glass of liquid to scrub and sanitize his toothbrush with HYDROGEN PEROXIDE!!!! I gained control and called Luke into the room. We both found it pretty funny. We laughed for a minute and then thought we should check the bottle for warnings. It read "If ingested call Poison Control immediately". Our smiles disappeared quickly. Luke called Poison Control and was informed that Hydrogen Peroxide is used as an Ipecac for dogs. He was instructed to have me drink plenty of water, not let me sleep for a few hours, and not lay down for a few hours. Reminder: I ingested this stuff around midnight.

Consequently within 10 minutes I began to feel really sick. We spent an hour on the bathroom floor surrounded by pillows, him laying down, me propped up. About every 10 minutes I had the vomit sweats and shakes. By 3am I crawled into bed and attempted to sleep sitting up. Somewhat successful. I made it through the night with no vomiting!! Yeah!! The next day I was a little nauseous but able to function.

All in all, I'm fine now, we can laugh about it, and we have a great story about how my husband tried to poison me.

8 comments:

Sylvia said...

Oh my gosh, Jessica, I am so glad you're okay!!! And now that I've said that, I can say: that was a really awesome story! :)

Lindsay said...

I am happy you feel better now. That sounds really scary! You got to watch out for Luke he can be kind of sneaky!

Andy said...

That Rascal Luke.... Up to his old tricks again I see!

Sasha said...

Oh my goodness...Hilarious!! I know you've told me the story in person, but the way you told it here takes the cake. I was dying of laughter! I'm glad you took my advice and decided to post the warning to others about not drinking hydrogen peroxide.

J-ME said...

What the what??
I think to punish Luke for this little "accident" you shouldn't wear that sexy nighty from the post below for a few nights!! That'll teach him.

aisy said...

uh, i bet that didn't help the migraine too much!

amy said...

That is too funny (after)Love the story!

Emily & Rob said...

I am so glad you did not DIE! =) hope you don't mind me peeking in on your blog once in a while!