9.07.2008

Road Trip *SEATTLE*

This last week Luke and I cruised north to Seattle. It was a LONG drive to do in one day. These are my highlights:

Pike Place Market: the flowers!!! I couldn't figure out a way to bring them home and make them last :(




San Juan Islands: We shipped our car along with us to San Juan Island to camp for a few days. On our way back it was all dark and foggy and I totally felt like I was on the movie "The Ring".




Kayaking San Juan: We camped on San Juan Island edged by the Puget Sound. Beautiful sunsets, fresh mountain/sea air, and unforgettable camping neighbors. The next morning we kayaked the Sound with a group. One of the most amazing things I've done.



Braving 46-degree water: We could not drive all they way to the ocean and not jump in. We even had a few spectators who wanted to see if we were crazy enough to actually get in.

4 comments:

J-ME said...

So jealous. i've always wanted to go to Pikes' Market just to see the flowers!
We went to the San Juan Islands last time we were in Seattle and had such a great time! Glad you guys were able to have a fun Road Trip!

Sasha said...

You and Luke are crazy jumping in that water!! Just looking at that picture makes me cold. Um you forgot one picture....the infamous $120 sweater!!

lyndsey said...

How fun! I want to do a fun road trip with my husby. What is this 120.00 sweater? Looks like you guys had a great time.

aisy said...

you are crazy! i love the san juans. looks like a great trip