6.21.2011

making the move

It has been over a year since I've posted. Since our last post we moved back to Utah where I worked at WF while Luke finished school and now we're back in Texas. 

We made the trek in a caravan: the Subaru containing me, Millie, Debbie, and Kyah - the Altima containing Nicole and Tanner - the moving truck containing Luke and Mark. The 24-hour drive was made in two days with one night of rest {barely a rest, I had a hyper toddler who had been sleeping all day and been in a car and didn't want to sleep Luke and I probably got around 2-3  hours of sleep that night}and busting out the last leg in time to make it to our apartment office by 5:30pm so we could get our keys. Whew! It makes me tired just writing this. 

We went from 65-degree cold and flooding Utah, to 104-degree drought-ridden Texas.


Tanner, Debbie, and Millie enjoying the really cold water at Barton Springs

We explored Lady Bird Lake by kayak. Luke and me and Tanner and Nicole.


Mille and Luke swimming in the pool

Watching sunset at the Oasis


playing in a spaceship at the Oasis. Nicole, Tanner, Luke, Millie and Mark



The group swimming at Barton Springs

Kyah swimming in Lake Travis

Millie decided she wanted to swim with Kyah and took off her clothes to join her

She insisted on having her feet in the water at all times

TJ and Nicole

3 comments:

J-ME said...

I am SO happy to see you posted. Texas looks a-mazing I am loving all your water adventures. So happy the move went okay! I miss you

laura beutler said...

So glad that you made it to texas! Miss you!

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say the little girl is cute