1.04.2008

Wrapping it up...

The day before Christmas Eve the Colledge family tradition is to go to the family cabin. This is the first year we have actually spent the Eve of Eve at the cabin. Usually we have to rent a cabin 3 1/2 miles below to stay the night. The boys worked hard this summer and we were able to sleep and cook there. We had to snowmobile in with all of our gear and food. It was quite the adventure! Besides the pipes being frozen and Luke and I sleeping in the basement (which was below freezing) it was a huge success! That morning Luke and I decided to snowshoe down to our car, about a 3 1/2 mile distance, it was a gorgeous day with blue skies and a warm sun. We enjoyed it immensely. That evening we had the Colledge family devotional complete with the traditional reading of Luke and acting it out. Sasha and Red's family were lucky enough to play Mary and Joseph this year and Lily insisted that Luke be a shepherd. My Mom... she is so funny, she has a tradition that she sews something for everyone in the family that they can use Christmas Eve night. In the past she has made blankets, pillows, slippers, and this year we all got sweats and matching t-shirts. It all fit perfect! She works so hard on her projects! Later we went to the Cook's for reading of Luke and then Luke and John did back-flips for entertainment. That night Luke and I got home and decided that instead of setting our alarm to wake up to be at the Cook's for waffles and ice cream in the morning, we would rather sleep-in and open gifts that night. For a good three weeks I toiled and labored over a quilt I made Luke that honors the University of Utah and he got the surround sound system that he wanted. Luke totally surprised me and gave me a date with him at the Gateway complete with gift cards to all of my favorite stores and a gift card to the Happy Sumo, which I love. The best part is that this package came with the promise of no complaining from him! What more could a girl want? That night the Cook's have the tradition of going to a movie so we all went and saw I Am Legend. It was pretty good, but way too intense for me. A few days later we saw Juno. I loved it. I highly recommend it. On New Year's Eve we played games with Jamie and the gang and then welcomed in the year with Amy Jo and Aislinn. At midnight Aislinn cranked up the tunes with the "Happy New Year" song as we watched fireworks coming from Provo Town Center, her place had a great view! Then Amy Jo coached us on completing the 2008 picture. She knows all sorts of fancy things to do with digital photography. Amy is pure genius. 2007 was terrific and I'm sure 2008 has many more fantastic things in store!

4 comments:

Jo said...

I am so happy you guys came and played with me! I love you.

aisy said...

man, you guys are so cute! i love the photos above this post. thanks for playing on new years! it was soooo fun. don't forget to register tomorrow for the big tri...

J-ME said...

Love Love Love the 2008 Picture so creative! Thanks for stopping by for a minute is always fun to see you and Luke!

Becca said...

Hey jess I am so glad that you had a great holiday!! It sounds like it was super eventfull and fun!! I'm sad I didn't get to see you, but maybe this summer we can get together! I love reading your blog and keeping up on you life. Lots of love
becca